Do You Have Cockroaches?
What are cockroaches?
|Large dark brown insects
||5,000 species in the world
|Don't like the light
||Thrive in dark, warm humid areas
Common Cockroach Species:
Cockroaches can infest your home from the outside. They find cracks and gaps under doors to get in. Make your home inhospitable to pests. They are attracted by warmth, darkness, spoiling food and standing water.
Cockroaches feed on all manner of decaying and putrid materials. They have an amazing ability to survive in adverse conditions and can carry and transmit diseases.
Cockroaches are part of the "clean-up crew" in nature. They scavenge for decaying organic material and help recycle it back into the earth.
Getting Rid of a Cockroach Infestation
- The first thing is Hygiene
- Remove all rotting fruit and veg that may be at the back of your cupboards or behind your units
- Empty your bin every day
- Ensure your bin lid fits securely
- Use of contact poisons / sprays
- Consider calling a professional pest control company to eliminate these creatures
10 Ways to Prevent a Cockroach Infestation
- Keep your home clean
- Sprinkle powdered boric acid around walls, behind cupboards and wherever they may enter your home
- Avoid leaving uncovered food out in the open
- Don't leave dirty wet pots in the sink
- Insulate pipes to prevent condensation under kitchen units and around the toilet
- Clean regularly in dark areas, behind cupboards etc
- Keep your bin clean and empty regularly
- Keep unused areas tidy, avoid a build up of debris and paper etc
- Eliminate all sources of moisture / water
- Take action at the first signs of infestation - Keep vigilant
Pest Control - Top Tip
Be careful with the use of pesticides which can be highly toxic to your family and to your pets. Ensure the directions are followed carefully or better still leave it to the professionals.
back to top of page
Bookmark This Site
This site is © Copyright Pest Exterminate Now 2006-2007, All Rights Reserved
Steve's free web templates
Pest Exterminate Now (Home) |
site map |